Terraria 1.4.4 update release date and everything new in Labor of Love
It’s September, which means the long-awaited Terraria 1.4.4 update “Labor of Love” is finally here. Terraria developer Re-Logic has long been known for claiming that the update to one of its best made games is the “final update,” and Labor of Love inherits the first two such final updates – Journey’s The end and the actual end of the journey. Labor of Love is primarily intended as a quality-of-life and balance update, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t new items – plenty of changes are enough reason to return to one of the best sandbox games on PC for more time.
We’ve rounded up all the new additions and tweaks into a handy list for you to read below, but we’ll start by detailing some of the biggest changes you can expect in Terraria 1.4.4. First, your Terraria inventory size will be significantly increased as the stack limit for most items in the game jumps from 999 to 9999. The Void Sack rework results in a special sack that can basically be opened at will as a second inventory, and the addition of Terraria gear loadouts means you can switch between various equipment settings on the fly.
Meanwhile, fans tired of having to do a lot of preparation and maintenance to keep their jungle from being ravaged by evil biomes will be ecstatic to know that adding infested mud grass means your jungle biome will never become Dirt, and a new Biome Sight potion will make it easier to find those pesky evil nodes and clean them up. One of the most powerful Terraria endgame accessories has also received a buff – although its usefulness has fans a little divided. Additionally, the new Rubblemaker and Coatings appear to add a ton of customization potential for builders.
Terraria 1.4.4 Updates Labor of Love Release Date and Crossover Game Details
Terraria 1.4.4 update will be released on September 28. The update is also planned to be the first simultaneous release on all platforms. While there’s still no cross-play between Terraria’s different platforms, the team has insisted in the past that it will happen once the PC, console, and mobile versions of the game function the same. So it seems that labor of love could pave the way for such updates in the future.
Terraria 1.4.4 Update New Items and Additions in Labor of Love
- The equipment loadout allows saving up to three separate gear sets, including a different toiletry item for each loadout.
- Void Bag Overhaul – Can be opened and closed like a second inventory.
- The new Rubblemaker project can be used to place over 200 different background objects using basic resources like sand and stone.
- Infested Mud Grass – Now means that mud blocks in the jungle will no longer turn into dirt when affected by an evil biome, and can be restored later.
- Numerous new pets, including gorgeous desserts that summon King and Queen Slime pets.
- The cave farmer pet was introduced as a permanent crossover with the core guardian, and the king slime would go to the core guardian in return.
- New Lilith Necklace accessory that turns the player into a wolf.
- A new Biome Sight potion can highlight evil blocks.
- Echo coating can be applied to furniture, building blocks and walls, making them invisible. A new placeable item can be activated to make echo-coated items and blocks appear.
- New coral-themed block, wall and furniture set.
- Glowing Moss in a variety of colors that can be crafted into Glowing Moss Bricks.
- A new bread item, wood type and liquid type.
- Town Slimes can now be found in Zoologists in 8 different designs.
- Two neotropical birds called Araras now spawn in jungle biomes.
- A total of 17 creatures were added (including the ten mentioned above).
- Added new death information.
- Life Crystals and Mana Stars can now be placed on worlds
- A new star-shaped float for fishing.
- The currently equipped bait is now displayed by the player cursor while fishing.
- Added menu option to disable Quick Trash feature.
- Locked chests can be crafted by combining shadow chests and chains.
- New artwork, including lead developer Redigit’s avatar and artwork created by Terraria fans during the r/place project.
- Classic building blocks with 1:1 sprites.
- A new item, the Flymeal, can be used to unlock NPCs.
- Poop Blocks (crafted on the toilet, with plenty of buffs) – this is a particular favorite of the main developer Redigit, who has push it It takes a long time.
- A new cart called the Fart Kart, a giant toilet cart that will play fart sound.
- Added several new secret seeds. “Everything seed” sounds like part of every secret seed, creating an extra difficult challenge with lots of pitfalls, while “Upside Down” hints at an upside-down world. Lead developer Redigit Described One of them is his “Great Book” and “What’s Special About the Brave”.
- Changes have been made to the ‘celebrationmk10’ seed.
- New music and achievements.
Terraria 1.4.4 Update Balance Changes and Adjustments in Labor of Love
- Classic Mode has replaced Journey Mode as the default difficulty setting for new characters.
- Increased player inventory stack size to 9999 for almost every item.
- Ropes are now behind platforms and minecart tracks.
- Heart-shaped lanterns and banners can now be hung on platforms.
- Increased player’s max gain limit.
- Station Buffs (Sharpen, Clairvoyance, Ammo Box, and Bewitched) now persist until death. The Battle Table now grants a buff that increases the maximum number of Sentinels.
- Sentinel duration increased from 2 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Fable contains 17 new entries, and you can now view enemy kills.
- The wait time between rounds of Satan’s Army can now be skipped, and the purchase price of the Defender Medal has been reduced by 33-40%.
- Mining Molecular Vehicles are now easier to obtain early.
- Spelunker potions can now make paintings and statues glow.
- All accessories can now be equipped in the vanity accessory slot (this reverts the previous changes made in 188.8.131.52).
- Metal detectors will now find gelatin crystals.
- Ankh Shield now includes pocket mirrors.
- Added various new ways to obtain Duststorms in Bottles.
- The Hive Pack now increases the rate of fire of Wasp minions and increases the damage and armor penetration of the Wasp Gun.
- Cell phones and balloon bundles are now materials.
- Rare pirate item drop rate doubled.
- Flying Dutchman drops are now up to 10x, and defeating one will always guarantee a piece of gold furniture.
- Moss wasps can now drop stingers.
- Rework of True Excalibur, True Night’s Edge and Terra Blade.
- Buffs for Dark Spear, Frost Brand, Fryron, Scourge of the Corruptor, Star Wraith, and Lunar Portal Staff.
- Increased the duration of the Rainbow Gun, Nimbus Rod, and Clinger Staff.
- The build conditions for Snow Flinx have changed.
- Plantera bulbs now spawn immediately after defeating all three mechanical bosses.
- Golem Boss has been polished.
- The Joker enemies that appear during the Blood Moon have been enhanced.
- Glow Paint is now Glow Paint and can be applied over paint.
- Glowing mushrooms now emit light of the color they are painted on.
- Glass containers are now stackable.
- Character selection now shows your current pet.
- Added new cat name “Tula” and new dog name “Pete”.
- Players can exchange their current pet by purchasing another pet license.
- Bast Statue can now spawn in desert huts and chests.
- Angel statues now have a mysterious, yet unspecified purpose.
- Anglers now have a chance to provide additional furniture loot drops – this chance increases as you complete more quests for them.
- The /Death command displays your total number of deaths in a world.
- Rifle scopes now increase the range of the Combo Gun.
- Drill bit containment units can now dig and destroy back walls faster.
- Celestial Mark now requires 12 shards to craft instead of 20, and takes 12 seconds from activation to spawn in Moon Lord instead of 60 seconds.
We’re pretty sure that’s all Labour of Love announced – but if you see something we’ve missed, feel free to let us know!
If you still need something to update your game while you wait for 1.4.4 to arrive, why not check out the best Terraria mods? If you want a little inspiration for your base building, this stunning 3D Terraria building looks like a whole different game. If you’re looking for more games to play with friends, we also have the best PC co-op games.