Mario Strikers: Battle League Second Free Update Now Live, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
Pauline and Diddy Kong join the race
Last week, Nintendo announced that Mario Striker: Battle League would be getting some new content — including new characters, a new stadium and even some new gear.
The same update is now live – adding Pauline and Diddy Kong to the game. There is also the new stadium Planetoid to play. There are also some tweaks and fixes to further improve the overall gameplay. Here are the full details from Nintendo’s official support page:
Version. 1.2.0 (released on September 21, 2022)
- Added “Pauline” as a playable character.
- Added “Diddy Kong” as a playable character.
- Added “Planetoid” stadium.
- Added “Barrel” gear set.
- Added “Forward Ranking” to the main menu. Compete by comparing your personal abilities over a fixed period of time to a “Skill Score” that changes with your performance in online matches (excluding play against friends).
- Added the following to “Strikers Club”.
- You can now customize the supporters in the stadium. Access it by going to Club Management → Stadium → Supporters.
- Now you can use coins to view fireworks and confetti when you score a goal or win a game. Access it by going to Club Management → Match Celebration.
- Adjusted behavior to make CPU teammates tag opponents faster.
- Adjusted the character order when switching characters.
- Adjusted the charging time for Perfect Free Pass and Perfect Free Lob Pass.
- Increase the amount of coins and tokens you earn based on match results.
- Changed the time period for the striker club rules, which states that clubs are not allowed to join the season if their members are not online for a certain period of time, from 90 days to 30 days.
- Change the number? Blocks for the losing team at 2-1 on kickoff when the points difference is 2.
- Adjusted the matchmaking system for online matches.
- Made some other adjustments to the game balance and fixed some other issues to improve the game experience.
Did you download this update? Notice anything else? Comment below.